These are delicious and so simple to prepare! I used manuka raisins in my first batch. They are high in antioxidants, have a little crunch to them because of their seeds, and they taste extra sweet… almost like dates. Any type of raisin will work well in this recipe.
Astragalus is an adaptogenic herb that nourishes the immune system, contains a unique blend of antioxidants, and helps the body adapt to physical/emotional/mental stressors. This makes these a great post workout treat!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup manuka raisins
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- 3 tsp. astragalus (I like this one)
- Add cashews to food processor and process for about 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process for another minute or until it forms a dough.
- Roll into 10 balls (dampen hands if the dough is too sticky), and refrigerate until firm.
Tip: Make a double batch and freeze them – they defrost in no-time and make a great on the go snack.