Posted on December 21, 2017 | Healthy Dessert, Adaptogenic, Vegan, Gluten-Free
Makes: 16 squares
- 4 cups puffed quinoa
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter (I used almond)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp. maca powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I like these ones)
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the honey, nut butter, vanilla, mama, and sea salt in a large sauce pan over low heat.
- remove from heat and stir in puffed quinoa until it is evenly coated.
- Firmly press the mixture into the parchment lines baking pan.
- Melt chocolate using the double boiler method, and drizzle on top.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two so it can set.
- Gently cut into 16 squares, and store them at room temperature.